Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Colour makes the world go round~

I had this inkling to go re-read this poem I got in an e-mail once upon a time. Such perspective! It just reminds you of the need for love in this world =D Racism is obviously a well known concept that, unfortunately, the world has yet to conquer (Pandora really screwed the world over when she opened that box!) but with insight shown by youths like these, maybe one day=)

It was apparently nominated poem of 2005 for the best poem (I'm not sure by who though), written by an African kid...

When I born, I Black,
When I grow up, I Black,
When I go in Sun, I Black,
When I scared, I Black,
When I sick, I Black,
And when I die, I still black..
And you White fella,
When you born, you Pink,
When you grow up, you White,
When you go in Sun, you Red,
When you cold, you Blue,
When you scared, you Yellow,
When you sick, you Green,
And when you die, you Gray..

And you calling me Colored ??
- Aly El Sahly

Here's another good one written by 16 year old Amy Maddox...

Empathy
He prayed - it wasn't my religion.
He ate - it wasn't what I ate.
He spoke - it wasn't my language.
He dressed - it wasn't what I wore.
He took my hand - it wasn't the color of mine.
But when he laughed - it was how I laughed.
And when he cried - it was how I cried.

And a quote from Martin Luther King:

"When we look at modern man we have to face the fact that modern man suffers from a kind of poverty of the spirit, which stands in glaring contrast to his scientific and technological abundance, we’ve learned to fly the air like birds, we’ve learned to swim the seas like fish, and yet we havent learned to walk the earth as brothers and sisters."

On a less virtuous avenue, some other stuff I've been reading as part of the KakaSaku fandom are:

1. The Way of The Sword by Serenanna. Good writing! It's actually based on a fanfic by ronsmyhero (shizune_senpai) whom I mentioned in a previous entry and it doesn't disappoint! And surely the fact that this is a fanfic of a fanfic speaks volumes about ronsmyhero's works. I can't gush enough=) Chp 5 is now up!
2. Some light, hilarious fun: Too Young To Love by internet pencil. Coincidentally, Chp5 of that one is also up on ff. What amuses me is how the fandom now has this fixed standard of Genma as a loud, semi-obnoxious flirty jounin sidekick of our Kakashi. Hehe I don't know how that started but I know how it stuck, seeing as the character is so likeable! It's just funny going back and watching/reading Naruto with him all serious and knowing Kishi really hasn't developed his character much as of yet=p

Annnnd it was my turn to cook today for our dinner-cum-sungkai. *Sigh* i forgot to take a pic but it fulfilled it's ultimate purpose as our sungkai=D Assam fish and tamagoyaki plus steamed rice and some leftover soup etc from yesterday. I just wanted to commit the tamagoyaki (with lamb and crab filling & topped with nori smileys!) to the immortal borders of my hard drive huhu~ But ooh kurma (truth be told, I'm not so huge a fan though) and air bandung on the table..touches of home=)

0 Comments: