Sunday, October 22, 2006

HIATUS!

Photo credited to National Geographic

I'm in the middle of an activity that exasperates me to no end. I might have mentioned before: it is the bane of my young life. It is packing. This is the less cumbersome version (cumbersome = packing to move house *quel horreur!!!!*) but still gets me pretty stressed. Mostly because I'm horrible with limits. Lol so that's why now I'm stressing about whether to take out more stuff...or maybe pack more stuff in? Aghhh I wish we could teleport (the eternal dream=D)! Then it wouldn't be a hassle at all=D

Anyway, there is of course the awesome side to having to pack (it's unbelievable, I know, but there is one...) - it means that I'm packing for a reason and tonight's reason is because it's in preparation for my flight back home tomorrow morning early as! Can't wait! I can suffer now and sleep on the plane, right?;D

Seeing as I'll be going home and thereby removing from my daily routine the endless languid hours of sitting in front of my laptop with broadband at my disposal in favour of replacing it with the joyous activity that involves catching up with my near and dears, I won't be able to post as often and at best, probably sporadically - if at all hehe. No reviews or the like until I get back or have free time on my hands so don't be surprised if it's Lost 2 and suddenly Lost 23-24 or something!

I've got 3 months of good times on my hands and I'll be sure to make the most of it! Take care peeps, thanks for the drop-bys and see ya 2007=D



Quick bit of thought-sharing...

Last night was talking to some friends way into the wee hours of the morning about everything under the sun. Lol and somehow, it drifted to marriage and it's prospects. Anyhow, we talked about how the long traditions can be quite cumbersome and it would be nice to just keep it simple with the akad nikah and maybe a small bersanding session and a reception - all preferably in one go=p After all, in Islam, all the trappings are unnecessary, right? Getting married in a masjid, one simple ceremony...not bad huh? But then we considered how in Brunei, there's that 'keeping up with the Joneses' going on full-force. And thus, there are people who would talk.Even if one didn't care for their opinions about what is essentially none of their personal business, it wouldn't be nice to have such whispers reflected on the family. But mostly, the other side of the coin was that it would be a shame to have the Bruneian traditional culture and ceremonies disintegrate with time, no?

So keep it humble and 'sederhana' or go all out? It seems that to carry out night after night of various ceremonies would really have no other outcome other than leaving one with a considerably lighter pocket;) Just some thoughts. And heh, don't ask me how we got to talking about getting hitched - err, it baffles me too?=p

0 Comments: