Friday, October 06, 2006

The ultimate cosplay...So excited!=D


My beloved NANA... I have a huge cynicism threshold when it comes to live-actions, particularly when it comes to stuff I love to the point of obsessionI have a huge cynicism threshold when it comes to live-actions, particularly when it comes to stuff I love to the point of obsession. The morbid curiosity incited by cosplay that shouldn't be translated to the real world... The straying-from-the-actual-plot that piques my annoyance and frustration... Let's just say it isn't very pretty. So it is with understandable doubt and a huge dose of cringe-worthy apprehension that I jacked up the volume on my player and sat back to enjoy the first movie. Hey, I'm optimistic enough and as I think I might have mentioned previously, I adore any fresh shipment of my love-cum-obsessions in all their shapes, sizes and audiovisual delights. And I loved it. It moved me to tears! Granted, I'm so biased, the level of bias goes off the scales, but I honestly thought that they didn't do too bad a job. I was pleased with my sub and I quite enjoyed watching the live cosplay of sorts lol. I think that to really approve of a live-action...

1. I usually have to approve of the plot and I know that's what anime's for, but I can't take live-actions seriously if they stray too far off the plot! A little tweaking for a standard movie time-frame and to meet the limitations of the real world is acceptable but it has to be understandable in the eyes of us fans.

2. Approve of the cast. In terms of looks and how well they suit the characters, the way they act, and matching the way they're supposed to interact with each other. So obviously, to play Hachi, say, she's got to be cute but not outstandingly gorgeous, small-framed and importantly, manage to portray all the character traits that make up Hachi: her fan-girling, her naivete, her child-like qualities, her loneliness, her selfishness, her wackiness, her hyper-activeness, her puppiness...lol the list could write itself for hours on end. All that is important to make the character believable. And what I mean by how characters are supposed to interact with each other, I not only mean the obvious character dynamics, like how the 2 Nanas are with each other or how Blast are together or how Nobuo is towards Nana O versus Takumi and things like that, but also the obvious aesthetics, like how we can't have Hachi be taller than Yasu or Nana O be more fleshy than Nana K or how Shin can't be built too big! I could go on...

3. Great acting! Duh, this is a total pre-requisite! We've got to make a movie here;) Director's capabilities and excellent script goes hand in hand here too.

4. And an extra for a music-oriented package like NANA is the need for awesome music that steps up to the NANA plate! So pleased that Mika Nakashima and their Blast as well as the fabulously amazing voice of Yuna Ito and their Trapnest don't disappoint!=D

And all this combined should give a fan a sense of fufilment and satisfaction...give us the same feeling we get when we usually indulge in their world. And that is how a fangirl is sated=D

So the reason for my current bout of i-love-love-looooooove-my-NANA fangirling at this very moment in time? *Sighhh* The press-conference pics for the second movie is out! The roadshow is on 9.12 and none of us fans will be forgetting that date any time soon will we? There exists some reasons for disappointment peppered throughout the year for us fans and equally, there are reasons to overcome the disappointment we experienced with the first movie. We'll miss Aoi Miyazaki for Hachi but maybe Yui Ichikawa can portray her well=) Matsuda Ryuuhei has been replaced and while I wasn't truly satisfied with him as Ren at first, he grew on me. And I guess only the film reel can convince me that Nobuo Kyou can truly play Ren because the stills don't tell me much about how satisfied I'll be with his height or bishie-ness yet hehe...but then again, I'm easily convinced and I'm not familiar with Nobuo Kyou and I've only seen this one set of stills;)

Hongo Kanata will replace Kenichi Matsuyama as Shin and will be more believable I think=) Because while Kenichi Matsuyama makes an excellent L for Death Note, he was too big and much older-looking than expected for a 15-year old pretty boy. Hongo Kanata's delicate-ness and teenage years should portray the decadence of his relationship with Reira. I always wondered about the choice of Reira because I thought Olivia would be more suitable but Yuno Ito does have that excellent Reira-esque voice as well... And I suppose Reira is supposed to look pretty Japanese query mixed and Olivia looks totally mixed if not completely gaijin. I totally loved Mika Nakashima as Nana O. She was Nana to the stick-thinness! My only grievance was that her eye-makeup should be more dramatic to suit the role. Well, she'll be back as we all know! She is quite the big star;) And what completely satisfies me and incites my blissful squeals and sighs is that TetsuTama (back during NANA 1, I learned of his role to my pleasant pleasant surprise!) will still be playing the role of my most beloved Takumi!=D *sigh* Had enough fangirling?;) Hehe well then let's indulge in some press-conference highlights, shall we? (Hiroki Narimiya's hair looks spikier than in the last movie. Hope this means that the new movie shows Nobu-worthy spiky hair!=D)



And some scenes from the much-awaited movie!!=D Kyaaa~~~ Trapnest performance! A vid?



0 Comments: