Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Catching my breath

Sooo... Coming back to this blog after so so long feels like I must have fallen off the face of blogplanet rantworld or something lol. I've been busy (yes *shock*horror* even too busy to spare a musing here and there) and it feels like I haven't had a breather in a while. Uber glad for Easter, which is just around the block and I guess squeezing this entry in is to help make me feel like, yeah, of course I can pause a little and just catch a breather...

What's been up circa 2007?...

1. Finished a full run and a 2week run so that's Psych and Public Health 2 notches on my 5th-yr-of-med-school belt;) Currently have a week of Addiction Med to my name and a much awaited break smack in the middle of the 2wk run. Ahh well, all the more time to prep and ace the assessmts let's hope!

2. I...(this is huge!)...joined the gym! Ta-dah~ hehe yeah, yeah all you veteran gymbunnies must be all wth? in your blase-ness but if you know me well enough, you must know that I am so beyond ever being a gymmer it's not even funny. But I've decided I wanna be fitter and the gym is right next door... So far, it's awesome. Lol, i think I'm addicted. Been going everyday and I totally credit the classes for it. They are awesome and an abfab fun way to work out without realising you are (esp the dance class)! I'm awful at motivating myself and that's why I've failed to be much of a gym-goer in the past but this is really working out great for me. Plus it's frickin right next door! The other reason I joined is I wanted something to fill my time... (goes on to my next 2007 milestone)

3. ...to stop me from shopping at my roadrunner/Speedy Gonzales (take your pick) rate. I've made great attempts at being fiscally smart and turning over a financial leaf this year and stop spending so much. I've done what I oughta have come to a realization I should have reached earlier i.e. open a separate savings a/c totally separate from my existing not-really-effective-for-me (myriad of reasons I'm too lazy to get into) savings a/c - it's amazing that I even need a second one, go figure - and it's been working, slowly but surely. (Really making an effort to not dip in and let the cash pile up and my new a/c, new rules policy is so far working out okay)

B U T ... (you saw it coming eh...good/bad - however you look at it;) heheh)

...once a shopaholic, ALWAYS a freaking shopaholic, and *that*, ladies and gents, is a fact of life=p It probably seems like the equivalent of trying to justify a ginormous ecological footprint with purchasing a ginormous forest reserve or something but since it's something I can't seem to have much willpower in dealing with, I'm just going to try and not go *too* overboard and just enjoy a woman's calling in life;) I've opted to write a separate sister blog to convince myself I have enough stuff to last me my lifetime and gripe about the irresistible force that is shopping...heh, it's all in fun really;) So with my schedule as it is, I'll probably be updating that blog more than this for a while but hey, u never know... But if I'm suddenly all verbose again, just give me a little nudge - I should probably be going back to studying my ass off;)

See you in sporadic (if there's hope for my academic success!=p) updates!

0 Comments: